my.lawsociety is a New Zealand Law Society run 'one stop shop' for legal news, events, information and resources.
It includes a lawyers-only area with free membership to anyone holding a New Zealand Law Society practising certificate.
Membership will give you access to branches, law reform, library, LawPoints, Practising Well, and forum on my.lawsociety.
Becoming a member also shows you support a profession united by strong standards and common core values. You will also be given the opportunity to be heard and to participate in a wide range of activities that will enhance your professional standing and capability.
Login to my.lawsociety
Lawyers with a New Zealand Law Society practising certificate can login to my.lawsociety using your lawyer login. This is the six digit number on your practising certificate.
If you know your lawyer login but you have forgotten your password, you can reset your password online.
If you have forgotten your lawyer login please call 0800 22 30 30 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Maintain the integrity and reputation of the legal profession
- Provide services supporting the effective development and operation of the profession
- Be an authoritative professional voice on matters of law and issues affecting lawyers and the community
- Facilitate a strong community of legal professionals
Core regulatory services
- Maintaining public register of lawyers
- Issuing practising certificates and certificates of character and of standing
- Managing Lawyers Complaints Service
- Managing processes for approval/notification of changes in modes of practice
- Managing Financial Assurance Scheme, including trust account reviews
- Managing the Fidelity Funds
Library and information services
- National catalogue
- Legal information online (library access)
- Research and document delivery
- Making influential submissions on bills and discussion documents
- Providing opportunities for all lawyers to be involved and have their say
Collegiality & networking
- Branch social, sporting and educational events and support
- Section membership, educational and social events
- Committee membership
Advocacy on behalf of the profession
- Law Points (weekly e-bulletin)
- LawTalk (fortnightly print publication)
- Branch and section publications and e-bulletins
- Law Awareness pamphlets
- Websites – main site, my.lawsociety, sections,branches, NZLS CLE Ltd
- Public ‘Find a Lawyer’ database
- Property Law Section
- Family Law Section
Continuing legal education
- NZLS CLE Ltd - extensive, top quality programme with first-rate presenters
- Enrol and pay online
- National friends panel and locum list
- Practising Well – professional and personal support
- In Practice – information on practice matters
Competency & professional development
- Programme being developed to support high standards of competence